Use the Tech Wholesale Radio Finder to Determine the Perfect Radio
Are you in the market for a new two-way radio, but just not sure which type is best for you? If you’re unsure about how to choose the perfect radio for your unique home or business uses, Tech Wholesale makes things easy with our one-of-a-kind radio finder. On our website, you can take a quick quiz to find out how to choose a radio based on your particular needs. Here are just a few of the things that you’ll need to take in to consideration before choosing the right radio for you.
- UHF versus VHF Radios. Make your search much easier by first deciding between a UHF or VHF radio. UHF radios (or Ultra High Frequency radios) are the most common, mainly because the waves are shorter and they can get around areas of interference. VHF radios (or Very High Frequency radios) are less common, but they can cover more distance with less power. These only work well if there is a clear line of sight without interference.
- Choose the proper power setting. Handheld two-way radios use between 0.5-5 watts of power to broadcast a signal, Business radios run between 1 and 5 watts, and current FRS models broadcast at 0.5 watts.
- Decide between family or business use. Tech Wholesale divides many of our radios into home or business uses, so decide which you’ll need before shopping.
- Name a budget. If you don’t have a large budget, it may be best to choose a more recreational radio rather than a business radio. You can also shop Tech Wholesale by price in most categories.
- Decide where you’ll use your radio. Will you use your radio inside or outside? This is an important factor when choosing a radio, because some radios won’t work with interference (such as trees or buildings).
- Check out compatibility. If you already own one or more other radios, make sure that your new set is compatible with the radios that you currently use.